A side by side double stroller is a popular choice for parents who are looking for a double stroller. These strollers generally have better manoeuvrability, a tighter turning circle and they offer easier access to your kids than a tandem stroller.
Parents often worry about the extra width, and it is important that you check the width of the doors in your house to ensure whatever side by side double stroller you purchase can fit through. However, when you are out and about it is generally not that difficult as most side by side strollers are no wider than wheelchairs. They are actually often not much wider than their tandem counterpart.
Unsure if it is the best model for your family? Check out our ultimate guide to buying a double stroller. The following video also shows a good comparison between the different types.
You can also read our guides to tandem strollers and sit and stand strollers.
Comparison Chart of the Best Side by Side Double Stroller 2017
Below you will find a comparison chart of the best side by side strollers. Simply compare whatever criteria is most important to you. The weight capacity is per seat.
* – These strollers are suitable from birth if you use an infant car seat.
How to Choose the Best Side by Side Double Stroller
There are several factor to think about when buying the best side by side stroller:
- How wide is the double stroller? Like noted above, ensure you buy one that will fit through your front door.
- Do you want to use the stroller from birth? If so, choose one that is safe for newborns or that you can attach an infant car seat to. If you are having twins and want to use the stroller from birth, ensure that both seats either recline fully or you can attach two infant car seats. Read more about choosing the best twin stroller.
- What is the weight capacity of the stroller? You need to guess what weight your children may be throughout the time period you hope to use the stroller for, then make sure that the stroller can handle that weight.
- How heavy and bulky is the stroller? Some double strollers can get quite heavy and can be very big. Ensure that your choice is a weight that you are happy to lift into the trunk of your car and that it will fit.
- Does it have all the features that you need? Perhaps a big storage space is important to you or a cup holder. It is a good idea to write down a check list of what you want in a stroller to ensure you don’t forget anything when you pick one.
- Dos the stroller fit within your budget? Obviously, there is no point looking at a stroller you can not afford. You can check out the double stroller comparison chart to sort by budget to find one in your price range.
Top 4 Side by Side Double Strollers Reviews
Chicco Echo Twin Stroller
The Chicco Echo Twin Stroller is a fabulous double side by side stroller. It is consider the best double umbrella stroller by many.
It features individual 4 position recline with an adjustable leg support. It is a practical stroller that has a compact umbrella style fold and carry handles. There is also storage under the seats. This stroller is suitable from about 6 months old until 40 pounds.
The Chicco Echo Twin Stroller comes with padded seats and 5-point safety harnesses. It has great manoeuvrability and the dual front wheels come with suspension and locking swivels.
Click here to see more information about the Chicco Echo Twin Stroller.
BOB Revolution Flex Duallie Stroller
The BOB Revolution Flex Duallie Stroller is an excellent stroller that is hugely popular.
The top features are the suspension and tough wheels which are perfect for rough terrain or jogging. This stroller is very easy to manoeuvre. It is easy to fold away and can also fit an infant car seat.
The seats feature an easy one handed recline and also can be adjusted to be fully upright. They are padded for comfort and have 5-point safety harnesses. There is plenty of storage on the BOB Revolution Flex Duallie Stroller with the latest version having an extra large storage basket.
The Flex also features adjustable handlebars which are a couple of inches higher than previous models making this an especially good choice for taller parents.
Click here to see more information about the BOB 2016 Revolution Flex Duallie Stroller.
Britax B-Agile Double Stroller
The Britax B-Agile Double Stroller is another great side by side stroller.
The best features are the the height adjustable handles, lightweight aluminium frame and the infinite seat recline. It is suitable from birth, and it is also suitable for twins.
The Britax B-Agile Double Stroller features a great suspension and all terrain tyres, so this stroller is also a good choice if you need to go off road. It has 5-point safety harnesses and head pads, a large basket and folds away relatively small. You can read more about the Britax B-Agile Double Stroller on our Britax reviews page.
Click here to see more information about the Britax B-Agile Double Stroller.
Baby Jogger 2016 City Mini GT Double Stroller
The Baby Jogger City Mini GT Double Stroller is an excellent choice.
It features non-flat, all-terrain tires with good suspension for a smooth journey. For parents, there is an adjustable handlebar. The stroller also has patented quick fold technology to make putting away this stroller easy. You can attach one or two infant car seats to this stroller which makes it great for twins.
The seats recline to a near flat position and feature adjustable sun canopies. They also have comfortable padding. This stroller features taller seat backs and longer foot wells for taller children.
Click here for more information about the Baby Jogger City Mini GT Double Stroller.
Check out more double strollers or some options just for twins. We also have a dedicated double umbrella stroller guide.
Disclaimer: The Stroller Site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, amazon.ca. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Thank you for supporting TheStrollerSite and ensuring we will keep being able to provide you the best information about the best strollers!